Katerina is a researcher at ISIE and an Assistant Professor at Ss. Cyril and Methodius University – School of law. She is US State Alumna of the 2002 South Eastern European Youth Leadership Institute at Towson University and 2012 Junior Faculty Development Program at Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL. Katerina is member of the Society of Institutional and Organizational Economics.
She owns more than 15 years of various experiences working on projects in the civil sector. In the past she has been working as debate trainer, coach and judge and volunteer (Youth Educational Forum), tutor of students from marginalized groups (Romaversitas), local activist (Youth club Aktive – Shtip). Recently she has been actively involved as project assistant and researcher in several projects:
- Project assistant, researcher, coauthor of publication: “Will there be whistleblowers at the universities? Prospects of the Whistleblowers’ protection law in corruption prevention in higher education in Macedonia”, organized by ISIE and European policy institute – Skopje (financed by EU, IPA 2015/372-126) (June 2016 – May 2017)
- Project assistant and researcher in the project: “”Transparent Skopje: Action for Setting-up Open and Accessible Databases to Support Reform and Public Interest Protection in Skopje Region”.” The project is financed by the European Union and it has been implemented by ISIE, in cooperation with Center for Civil Communications, Balkan Investigative Reporting Network and NGO Info-centre.
- Project assistant and methodology coordinator at “Budno Oko Project – Platform for Monitoring of the Use of Public Funds in the Secondary Education of Macedonia (2017-2018)”. Budno Oko Project is aimed to improve the monitoring and access to information regarding the use of public funds in the financing of secondary education in Macedonia. It is implemented by ISIE in cooperation with Metamorfozis, funded by European Union.
- Project assistant, researcher, coauthor of publication at Project „FISKAST: How public money are spent?”, organized by ISIE and Finance Think, financed by British Embassy in Macedonia (December 2015 – March 2016).
- Local Expert in the field of economy and statistics in the Project: Improving quality of justice in Macedonia through capacity building for judges and monitoring judicial system performance” organized by Center for Legal Research and Analysis, funded by the British Embassy in Macedonia. (2016-2017)
Katerina presents excellent organizational skills. In the previous five years, she has been the national coordinator of the Free Market Road Show©, organized by Austrian Economics center from Vienna in cooperation with over 100 leading think-tanks and universities across Europe and the Caucasus, and in association with international partners such as the Global Philanthropic Trust, Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, Americans for Tax Reform, Competitive Enterprise Institute, World Taxpayers Associations, European Students for Liberty, and the F.A. v. Hayek Institut, the biggest libertarian event in the world that takes place in more than 40 different cities in Europe and USA.
Katerina will be the project’s organizational manager.